Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Weather / Re: Hurricane Irma - Keep an Eye on it's path.
« Last post by vmmi on September 11, 2017, 10:00:32 am »
Thank you Greslogo, now I know why I have not had any success in getting through, have to sit  this out and pray.
« Last post by gallofino on September 11, 2017, 09:52:11 am »
« Last post by wolfcub on September 11, 2017, 09:41:17 am »
I'm not sure if anyone here has any contacts with anyone in the national media but it would be nice to have more coverage of the hurricane aftermath in other areas instead of most of the focus going to Florida.  While I feel bad for them also, Cuba and the Caribbean are much worse off.  In my opinion, Cuba and the Caribbean is the real story because a lot of these people didn't have much to begin with in the first place and now saying they will really struggle is an understatement.

« Last post by greslogo on September 11, 2017, 04:56:45 am »
Still have not been able to get through to family in Esmeralda, small town just south east of Moron. No phone or cell contact, no pictures/ video/youtube  that I can find, nothing, we are worried...

http://www.cadenagramonte.cu/english/show/articles/26688:esmeralda-devastated-because-of-hurricane-irma
« Last post by wolfcub on September 11, 2017, 04:40:41 am »
This is from the Sunwing site

Special flights were arranged on Saturday for evacuated customers that were transferred by land from Cayo Coco and Cayo Santa Maria on Friday. These customers returned on flights from Varadero in the morning and Havana in the afternoon after the Varadero airport closed. Additional flights also operated Saturday to bring home passengers that were vacationing in Varadero. All southbound flights to Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Coco, Camaguey, Varadero and Holguin have been cancelled up to September 14th. Flexible policies are in place for customers to rebook or change destination.

« Last post by ayepapi100 on September 10, 2017, 11:24:45 pm »
As a side note (not to get the thread too off-track), for those who have an interest in giving our government an ear-full about the state of air travelers' rights in this country, the House of Commons Standing Committee of Transportation is inviting comments on proposed legislation (which in my humble opinion is BOGUS), by submitting a brief at ourcommons.ca. The comment period is ending soon.  You can submit a breif by uploading a WORD or PDF file

BILL C-49
An Act to amend the Canada Transportation Act and other Acts respecting transportation and to make related and consequential amendments to other Acts

First meeting scheduled for: Monday, September 11, 2017

The link is below :

http://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/TRAN/StudyActivity?studyActivityId=9632089   
« Last post by C2526 on September 10, 2017, 09:58:52 pm »
Canadian gov't is reporting that all airports in Cuba are closed, no details on reopening. Interesting because it looks like there are still flights scheduled. Anyone else have different info?

No flights to Cuba from UK at mo. My trip is cancelled.
« Last post by flacita on September 10, 2017, 08:27:35 pm »
Interesting. Speaking to someone in varadero it seems some tourists are flying home to the UK tomorrow and some workers are heading home.
« Last post by ayepapi100 on September 10, 2017, 07:47:19 pm »
Airports are all closed but some airlines still scheduling Cuba flights?

It must be SUNWING still promoting its all inclusive packages to Cayo Coco, Cayo Santa Maria, Playa Santa Lucia. ... :wink-tongue:   I hear there is a discount special this coming week (es un broma  :be-quiet: )..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10