Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Weather / Re: Hurricane Irma - Keep an Eye on it's path.
« Last post by greslogo on September 20, 2017, 04:20:27 pm »
First off... DHL is extremely expensive.

Second, Anything other than documents will probably not be accepted. Others can correct me.

Post office if you have confidence it will make it to its destination. By the time it makes it there, the shortages should be over.

Quite frankly, save the money for the contents, which are inexpensive and the shipping, which is expensive and send the equivalent in cash.

What country and city are you in ?

Esmeralda got seriously whacked, btw.
« Last post by vmmi on September 20, 2017, 04:11:54 pm »
Well now thats settled, and everyone has a glass in there hands, maybe you could advise me. Yes it might be in the wrong thread but it concerns Irma and its affect.
I had finally two mins on the phone yesterday with my partner who is with her family in Esmeralda, that is no word or contact since the Hurricane went through,  add to that her luggage  went missing, no water and very little food. So I remember hearing that you can send a kilo or two via DHL or similar. Can anyone tell me if i can send a small water filtre, some chicken soup base , a memory stick, chanca pedra , , it will weigh under a kilo. Would it get through, as I know this isnt  going to be the last Hurricane that will go through this season. Please move this if it in the wrong place. Thanks
« Last post by gallofino on September 20, 2017, 03:56:52 pm »
Time for a glass of wine.

Was thinking about you today.  Are you still in Mexico? 
« Last post by greslogo on September 20, 2017, 03:26:11 pm »
You should be glad to know I achieved that level of consumption, yesterday....jeje.
« Last post by Mividamialma on September 20, 2017, 06:45:56 am »

.....or 5......

18 days to go for me! Whoohoo......LOL
« Last post by mctonedef on September 19, 2017, 08:38:00 pm »
« Last post by greslogo on September 19, 2017, 06:53:25 pm »
At the end of the day... None of this interpretation is important.

Chill, everybody.
« Last post by wolfcub on September 19, 2017, 05:27:31 pm »
I didn't post anything incorrectly, I posted a link showing where hurricane Maria was at that time and said it was on the same path as Irma and based on where it was at the time I posted the link, it WAS on the same path as Irma....its only as the models predict its more future path, does it turn right and follow José's path.

As for the hurricane watch, I never said the watch was put out by any mainstream hurricane centre, I simply said my FIL said that they were under a hurricane watch. You're the one that came out and assumed that there must be something from the hurricane centre and when there wasn't, piped up and said NOAA had no such warning out. I therefore had no choice but to explain in more detail my original post.

At the time that hurricane Maria was still on the same path as Irma, my FIL said the government put out a watch.

You had the same "meh" attitude when I originally posted about Irma...saying it was too early to tell, it could switch directions, etc. As long as Maria was on the same path as Irma, nobody knew whether it would stay on that same path or veer off as it appears to be doing ad the days pass.

I'm not your team at work and don't post the detailed posts you expect of them, that doesn't make me wrong or mean I posted something in error. Lack of detail does not equate to error, it simply means lack of detail so ask.

Ok we can drop this, but it did come across as an error or incorrect info to me.  The National Hurricane Center doesn't put out watches or warnings for other countries.  When you read them on their site, it will say "the government of Cuba has issued a tropical storm watch for the province of Holguin", as an example.  Also, you did seem to mistake Dominica for the DR and that's sort of what I was saying.  Maybe I'm just too focused on attention for detail but that stuff naturally jumps out at me.  Maybe it's a flaw that I have. lol
« Last post by Mividamialma on September 19, 2017, 05:22:12 pm »
Anyways, I'm done explaining myself, not worth the time and effort.
« Last post by Mividamialma on September 19, 2017, 05:12:33 pm »
I didn't post anything incorrectly, I posted a link showing where hurricane Maria was at that time and said it was on the same path as Irma and based on where it was at the time I posted the link, it WAS on the same path as Irma....its only as the models predict its more future path, does it turn right and follow José's path.

As for the hurricane watch, I never said the watch was put out by any mainstream hurricane centre, I simply said my FIL said that they were under a hurricane watch. You're the one that came out and assumed that there must be something from the hurricane centre and when there wasn't, piped up and said NOAA had no such warning out. I therefore had no choice but to explain in more detail my original post.

At the time that hurricane Maria was still on the same path as Irma, my FIL said the government put out a watch.

You had the same "meh" attitude when I originally posted about Irma...saying it was too early to tell, it could switch directions, etc. As long as Maria was on the same path as Irma, nobody knew whether it would stay on that same path or veer off as it appears to be doing ad the days pass.

I'm not your team at work and don't post the detailed posts you expect of them, that doesn't make me wrong or mean I posted something in error. Lack of detail does not equate to error, it simply means lack of detail so ask.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10